We offer the opportunity for individuals or groups to enjoy a once in a lifetime experience together in the very special and unique places that are Fiordland and Stewart Island. Experiences to be enjoyed during our cruises can include fishing/diving/hunting/walks and exploring historic sights or just sitting back and relaxing on board the Cindy Hardy taking in the breath taking scenery. We offer overnight cruises throughout Fiordland and Stewart Island or day cruises from either Bluff or Stewart Island. Come and Join us today for the unforgettable experience of a life time.
Cruise Fiordland is privately owned by Nigel and Paula Lamb. Having previously owned and operated Doubtfulsoundcruise.com for 13 years we sold that part of our business in July 2012 to concentrate solely on Cruise Fiordland. Our aim is to provide our customers with a range of experiences in a safe and friendly environment that will turn into a once in a lifetime experience. All our skippers and crew have vast experience in the Fiordland and Stewart Island area and are happy to share their knowledge with you.
Nigel & Paula have been winners of The Tourism Operator of the year award 2009 and Department of Conservation Corporate Conservation Award 2009 for their efforts in pest control in Fiordland National Park. Click the link below to read about this pest control programme in Fiordland. Nigel has over 20 years of experience around Fiordland and Stewart Island as a commercial fisherman, paua diver and recreation hunter
Our Vessel M.V Cindy Hardy
- Vessel Length 23.9m
- Beam 6.83m
- Draft 3.0m
- Maritime NZ number 100101
- NZ coastal limits 50 nautical miles 12 passengers
- Fiordland & Foveaux Strait inshore limits 20 passengers
- Enclosed limits 25 passengers
- 2 x inflatable tenders (boats)
- 4 tonne hydraulic hi-ab crane
- 6 Rooms
- 2 Cabins with 1 Double, 3 Singles bunks
- 3 Cabins with 1 Double, 1 Single bunks
- 1 Cabin with 2 Single Bunks
- Built in 1963 in Tasmania of Australian Hardwood
- The MV Cindy Hardy has just undergone a total refit which has included all the machinery, new passenger and crew accommodation including private en suites in each cabin, new galley and passenger lounges.
- The MV Cindy hardy is surveyed to Maritime New Zealand standards which combine to make a very safe and comfortable vessel suitable for many activities.